See previous weeks HERE.
Nina Gilbert, aka "nina beana", is a mama, a crafter, a self-taught artist, a massage therapist, and a doula. she loves to play with color, vintage ephemera, children's books, and acrylics. she's also mighty fond of polaroids and photobooth strips. nina loves to take pictures of bright, beautiful things that make her happy. you can find her waxing poetic on the power of positive thinking, entertaining the masses in her cozy home, or being climbed on by her three wild children.
Find me here:
Blog: The Whole Self
926. the way that old red paint looks next to old bright lime green paint
927. shiny clean wood floors, and the way that kids can sense that they are clean...and then come along and dump some orange juice on them
928. getting to take a shower without being interrupted. but also taking a shower and opening my eyes and realizing that there's a little face peering at me, peeking out behind the shower curtain.
929. castle ruins. and listening to a stranger play the guitar while sitting on one of the crumbling walls.
930. farmers markets. and delicious local honey sticks. and live music there. and slowing down.
931. roasted potatoes dipped in BBQ sauce.
932. reading through the series of seren books with my kids. i collected them when i was young and saved them for this very reason. sometimes when we open one i'll see the way i wrote my maiden name in the inside cover, soon after learning cursive. and now my oldest is learning cursive. i love that.
933. the fact that my youngest is obsessed with rainbow brite. when people ask her name, she will say rainbow brite and she really believes it.
934. my little gnome friend
935. packing up a whole house into two little pods---and starting over in a new home!
936. putting a fresh coat of paint on anything
937. painting everyone's toes turquoise
938. decaf green tea inside when it's raining outside
939. giving nursery paintings as baby shower gifts
940. olivia's organics salads every day
941. watching kids pop bubbles and babies try to eat them
942. homemade tabbouleh
943. vintage golden books
944. finally being able to put the baby-mullet in a ponytail!
945. the way that mint just comes up heartier and more expansive every spring
946. waiting anxiously for my friend to call me to go with her to the birth of her first child
947. watching old episodes of pee wee's playhouse
948. daydreaming about building a tiny house in the backyard of our new house
949. lazy summer days eating fresh fruit and sitting my the pool
950. the way the first sip of an iced coffee is pretty much the best thing ever
Thank you, Nina!
My In-Laws have a charming little collection of gnomes in their back yard. Not all scary and Hoarders, but pleasantly gnome-y. Your little guy would fit right in!
Speaking of gnomes, I'm assuming that all of you guys have seen Amelie, the charming little French movie. The traveling gnome! That movie hold a special place in heart. Dustin and I first saw it when we were going to college together and it quickly became one of our favorites. From the overly saturated scenes to the hidden treasures in artichokes, we were smitten. So much so that we chose this song as our first at our wedding:
Life is beautiful, friends.