It's funny -- if you look at the pictures below, you can tell which pictures I took before and which Itook after a meal by the amount of upper belly roundness. A food baby and a real baby!
- I gained 3 pounds! Whoot whoot! I've been trying to eat an avocado everyday, in addition to upping my "rich" foods. More grass-fed butter on things, a spoonful of raw coconut oil here and there, more meats (I love the grass-fed beef!!) and cheese and eggs. I still eat my veggies (my favorite!), but I've just been adding more. Dr. J was proud of me for gaining and it made me feel SO good! he also said that Squiddy was growing perfectly and that some women just don't get very big or gain a lot of weight during pregnancy and he thinks i'm one of those lucky ones.
- Saggy Boobs. (Sorry to the men in my family who are reading this) I'm guessing that a woman goes through boob growth spurts throughout pregnancy (and even more post-birth!), and right now, I just feel like my chest if full of "floppy."
- Bladder dancing. Both Squid and I have issues with my bladder. He likes to dance, stomp and squirm on my bladder when it's full. Especially first thing in the morning. I usually get up once at 4:30 am to pee each night, but I guss sometimes I get really comfortable and sleep all through the night. When that happens, I wake up with a bladder that's so full that I feel like I'm gunna burst. You know how sitting with a huge, full bladder is not so cool? Well, when you use a wheelchair, you have to SIT to move. The 15 seconds it takes to get to the bathroom is uncomfortable to say the least! Also, I peed a little when I sneezed this morning. Yeah, you know you're a real woman when you sneeze-n-pee.
- Comfortable sleep! I've found the perfect way to sleep comfortably, no matter if I'm on my left side, my right OR my back! Two soft, microfiber throw pillows on each side and a supportive pillow under my knee. Heck yes! Ahhhh.
- I've upped my vitamins. I'm now taking a calcium-magnesium supplement (which tastes AMAZING!) and upped my vitamin D3, my pro-biotic and my prenatal vitamin. I take a zinc caplet once a week, too. I'm actually in the market for a new pre-natal vitamin, since the Trader Joe's brand are not quite what I want. Anyone have any recommendations?
- Squid responds! Dustin was strumming on my tummy this afternoon and squid would thump back! He also responds to warmth and cold. If he's kicking me and I'm under a blanket and I rip it off to watch my belly move, he'll stop. Once I put the blanket back on, he kicks again. The same goes for warm and cold hands on my tummy during a thump-a-thon. SO COOL!
Thanks for the love, loves!